Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More racist Oregonians


http://wweek.com/wwire/?p=13285


Less than a week after a life-size cutout of Barack Obama was found hanging from a tree on the campus of George Fox University, another public display of hatred toward the presidential hopeful appeared in a Southwest Portland neighborhood.

On Sunday morning, Sharon Martini of Bridlemile came across an Obama yard sign with the word “Nigga” spray-painted on it, just steps from the Bridlemile Elementary School playground.

“I saw the sign around 11:45 a.m.,” Martini said Monday. “In fact, it is still there, just not upright. I photographed it this morning laying on the ground."

Martini also discovered “McCain Palin Fuck Obama” written on two play structures at the school, which were painted over by Sunday night before a youth soccer event.

BY: Mariah Summers



As a community we need to watch this very closely. I know its just a handful of people, but even two or three racists can't be tolerated in my mind. At the very least I'm sending a donation as soon as I get my paycheck.

No comments: