Monday, November 3, 2008
Just around the corner
So here we are, one day separating us from what will be the most significant political event of this decade. Things are looking good, but in all seriousness, McCain could still pull this out. There are a lot of undecideds and Obama is just at 50% in several state polls - which could be in the margin of error and could lead to him losing in states like FL, OH and the like. That being said, the Kerry states plus IA, NM and CO firewall looks pretty damn good, and NV and VA are still looking good as backups. McCain's push for PA doesn't look successful at this point, but again, there may be some kind of racial effect here that doesn't exist in other states so its hard to tell. I'd prefer it if the networks were able to project a winner in FL soon, because then it doesn't matter what happens in PA.
Anyway, since we have a day left, here are my predictions:
1. Barack Obama will be president winning between 270-300 Electoral Votes
2. The Democrats will NOT win 60 seats in the Senate. I'm expecting races in MS, KY and GA to go for the GOP and will additionally predict Norm Coleman victorious in MN over Al Franken.
3. The Abortion ban in South Dakota will pass.
4. Prop 8 (Gay Marriage Ban) in California will fail.
1. Dino Rossi will be a two-time loser in Washington State.
2. Jeff Merkley will do the unthinkable and finally beat the last Republican senator on the west coast.
3. One of Sizemore's shitty measures will pass.
4. Measure 65 will pass.
5. Kate Brown will be Secretary of State winning by a very small margin.
Well thats all for today. I'll post briefly tomorrow.
Favorite Political Songs #12 and 13
#12 Billy Bragg "Waiting for the Great Leap Forward"
#13 Steve Earle "Jerusalem"
Note the hopeful tone of these two today!!!!